City of Ohrid, Tailored to the Youth needs
- 10. December 2020
- Posted by: Ingrida Jotkaite
- Category: News
Coalition of youth organizations SEGA and the Municipality of Ohrid, Macedonia signed a Memorandum of Cooperation in the beginning of December 2020 in order to implement a new law on Youth Participation and Youth Policies.
Ohrid is the first municipality in our country that, together with Coalition SEGA, will practice and facilitate new legal provisions of the law on Youth Participation and Youth Policies in order to increase the participation of young people. (The new law on Youth Participation and Youth Policies in Macedonia is officially promulgated as of January 2020, by the Government of R. N. Macedonia).
Within the memorandum, the Municipality of Ohrid and SEGA will work together on:
- Establishment and election of the local youth assembly of the Municipality of Ohrid
- Establishment of the local Youth Council
- Development of the Local Youth Strategy of the Municipality of Ohrid
- Preparation of action plan for the implementation of the Local Youth Strategy of the Municipality of Ohrid
- Establishment of the youth office of the Municipality of Ohrid
- Establishment and development of work procedures for the youth officer and
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the local Youth Council, the youth office and the youth officer.
In the process of establishing the local Youth Council and in the creation of their annual program for work, Coalition SEGA is planning to use OPIN, an e-participation tool for online voting, discussing the annual work program, collecting ideas and more. This will be a successful way to connect face-to-face activities and online elements as effective methods to activate young people.
This is an open call to all young people from the Municipality of Ohrid to follow us and be actively involved in the next processes.